Thursday, April 29, 2010

Challenge day 11! Can vinegar boost your metabolism?

I have heard from many of you that you are feeling great! What a gift you are giving yourself by taking on this challenge. Whether you have participated 100% or you are simply taking a few of the suggestions and applying them to your life, you are winning. Any small change in a positive direction soon leads you to an entirely new destination. Can Vinegar help boost your metabolism? Researchers report that consume about 3 teaspoons of vinegar a day can help you reduce the accumulation of body fat and reduce body weight. I recently have started using apple cider vinegar, olive oil and a tablespoon of hummus as my salad dressing and I love it. I began using it when I ran out of balsamic vinegar and was so pleasantly surprised. Then I did some research on it and found that there were many claims that apple cider vinegar is great for your health as well as helps with weight loss. Some theories suggest that it helps to speed up the metabolism, while others suggest that it burns calories. A suggested remedy for weight loss using apple cider vinegar is to mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it before every meal or sip it throughout the day. I actually tried the suggestion of mixing the vinegar with water first thing in the morning but It was too intense for me, I simply couldn't stomach it. I am not sure what the truth is about apple cider vinegar and which health claims are true but you can be sure it is a much better choice for dressing your salads and vegetables than any pre-made, store bought dressing. I use it generously and I really love it. Give it a try! Welcome to day 11! Love, Patricia Join me on May 7th at the TSalon for a great evening of inspiring conversation and a light dinner. It is from 6:30-8:30pm and the cost is $35.00. Sign up early at www.shop.satilife.com for a discount. I hope to see you there!