Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Challenge day 10 Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm

Today I really did not do well in planning my day with food. If you don't know, I am pregnant and more than ever is it important for me to be eating regularly and having balanced meals. I have been really feeling great. Today I had a busy day. Out all day which is unusual for me. Usually I get home in the middle of the day to make my lunch and do some work before I go out again to the gym.
I made a few 'mistakes" today. I had a good breakfast, a whole grain english muffin one egg and one egg white. I went to the gym and after class had a small bag of nuts that I brought from home. It was supposed to be my afternoon snack but I had to rush to a meeting and didn't have time to get a full lunch and I was hungry so I ate the nuts. Then an hour and 1/2 later I had a break and grabbed a vegetarian sandwich. Not the best choice but whole grain bread, avocado, sprouts, tomato. Then I had a busy afternoon and by 7pm when I was done I was so hungry I didn't care what I was going to eat but eating was important.
I had two choices right in front of me. A soup place and an italian pizza place. Yes I went for the pizza. Two slices! And then....yes I even had some cookies after that!
Ah I learned a very good lesson today. The timing of my meals is essential. I would have been better of today having another snack in my bag, a piece of fruit, a hard boiled egg, anything so that I could have eaten it in that before I get so hungry I went for the pizza. I can't even remember the last time I ate pizza! But nevertheless I enjoyed it and am free to make a better plan for tomorrow.

How did your day go today? Did you plan it well? What worked? What didn't work? What can you focus on improving tomorrow?
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Someone famous said that, I think it was Churchill. I am enthusiastic and willing to apply what I learned today to my busy day tomorrow.

Have you been eating any seeds lately?
Seed help reduce the risk of diabetes, as they are a source of resistant starch just like beans. Resistant starch helps reduce blood sugar and dampen insulin spikes after eating. Flaxseed in particular, is a great source of the vegetable -based omega-3, alpha-linolenic acid which also prevents inflammation. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of omega-3's as well as zinc. Make sure you crush or grind the flaxseeds before you eat them.

Sprinkle them on yogurt, fruit, salads or smoothies.

Have a great day! Keep posting your comments, questions and breakthroughs on the wall. It helps everyone stay motivated!
Love
Patricia

PS. I hope you can join me on May 7th at the TSalon for a conversation on honoring yourself. Go to Satilife.com for more info and to rsvp! 6:30pm