Wednesday, August 26, 2009

10lb Countdown Day 3! What did you eat today?

How did you do today?
It is always important to look back and see what went well and what you would like to improve on. When it come to losing weight and being dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle versus just losing weight it is important to be honest and yet not feed any guilt about how the day went. Feeling guilty will completely get in the way of your success.

Writing down what you are eating helps you build a higher level of self awareness and posting it every day raises the bar of awareness. You will most likely think twice about your choices when you know at the end of the day you are going to post what you ate.

I know it makes a difference for me to know that at the end of the day no mater what I am posting what I ate.

Whenever we take on a personal challenge like losing weight it is important to remember there will be hard days and easier days. Every time you make it through a challenging period you will always come out stronger and you build your confidence.

Creating a healthy lifestyle is about endurance, consistency and long term commitment. Know this, our cravings and our food addictions are just habits and it takes time to change them. The longer you go without eating those sugary, refined or simple carbs like bread, pasta, potatoes etc the less you will crave them. It is all just about creating new habits and giving our body a chance to adjust.

What I ate today
1 cup Fage fat free yogurt with a tablespoon of flax seeds, tablespoon of raw cacoa nibs and a tablespoon of agave

Turkey burger and large salad with about 2 tablespoons of dressing. The salad was all greens and a few garbanzo beans no other starchy vegetables

30z salmon and sauteed kale with tomato and garlic made at home by Kellen! Yum
another cups of fat free yogurt with a tablespoon of raw cacao nibs

I drank 1/2 cup of coffee with milk. 2 litres of water.

Workout
30 minutes bike
7 minutes upper body bike
30 minutes yoga
1 hour intenSati

Looking back
I prefer not to have so much animal protein in one day. I like to keep it to no more than once a day. I was feeling a little irritated today, my body was aching and tired. I noticed I wanted to have something sweet even though I wasn't really hungry I ate the yogurt. That is the only thing I could have left out today but all in all I am happy with my day.

Keep remembering why you want it! No matter what, no matter how long it takes, don't get discouraged just stay in the game. It is the only way, be in it to win it, never, ever, ever give up!
Love,
Patricia