Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How will you value yourself this month?

In the month of February what else would we focus on but Love! We don't need a special month to focus on love but it is a good excuse to give it more attention.  I invite you to focus on ways you can be more loving towards yourself this month and find ways to value and honor yourself.

I think it is safe to say we have all felt the power of love. When we are in love we feel empowered, happy and free. Whether we are in love with another person, our work, our pets or our self we feel good.  Releasing energy from your energy system in love produces health and vitality. It lights up your energy centers. It produces feelings of gratitude, joy and fulfillment.

My goal this month is to go sugar free. I am feeling a little lethargic. I am going to LA for all of March to promote intenSati and do book signings and PR events and I want to feel my best.  I was listening to a podcast by Donna Gates, who wrote a book called body ecology. I haven't read the book yet, but the podcast was enough to inspire me to take it on.  (I did order her book and I will let you know after I read it what I think.) So today is day number 1. Want to join me?

Here are some good reasons eliminate sugar from your diet. This is from Donna Gate's website bodyecology.com

  1. Feeds candida
  2. Promotes wrinkling and aging skin 
  3. Makes your blood acidic 
  4. Can lead to osteoporosis.
  5. Rots your teeth
  6. Raises your blood sugar level
  7. Contributes to obesity
  8. Is addictive (almost as much as drugs) 
  9. Can create the urge to binge
  10. Provides 'empty calories' with no nutritional value
  11. Contributes to diabetes
  12. Robs your body of minerals.
  13. Robs you of energy
  14. Contributes to heart problems 
  15. Can cause cancer
  16. Contributes to ulcers
  17. Can cause gallstones
  18. Contributes to adrenal fatigue 
  19. Can suppress your immune system
  20. Raises the level of neurotransmitters called serotonin
  21. Weakens eyesight
  22. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels).
  23. Can cause aging
  24. Can contribute to eczema
  25. Can cause arthritis
I have committed to 30 days. Here is what I am committing to.
No white bread, pasta, potatoes or simple carbs
No sugar including artificial sweetners or agave. Stevia is a good sweetner replacement.
No alcohol
No foods that have sugar listed as one of the first 5 ingredients
No sweets, including chocolate but YES to raw cacao nibs!
No fruit. Yes fruit is good for you but is high in sugar so with the exception of avocado I will not have it
No soda, fruit drinks or vegetable juices high in sugar like carrot or beet juice.

Let's see how I feel after 30 days. I will be posting regularly. If you want to join me post as well.

On another note, here are two updates:
While I am in LA you can join me for a satilife warrior challenge. The challenge is to work out with me 3 times a week for the month of March. If you commit to the challenge you will get a free all access pass to Equinox in LA. What a great deal! If you live in that area and want to join me go to satilife.com and fill out an applications ASAP! We can only give out a limited number of passes!

Second update is on February 26th I am doing a book signing and special event at Equinox 19th and broadway. It is open to members and non-members. Members are free.  Please rsvp@intenSati.com. Non-members are welcome $25. You can register at "our store" Satilife.com. Please rsvp asap!

I hope you will join me!
Love
Patricia